Along The Way determined through relationships within the community, that an area of unmet need for single mothers is childcare during nights and weekends. Those service hours are on Monday - Friday from approximately 3:00pm to 7:00am the following day and 24 hour services on Saturdays & Sundays.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
You must meet the following requirements to qualify for our program:
- You must be a single mother (no other adult in the home)
- You may have up to three children under the age of 13 at home
- Your annual income must be less then 2x the poverty level based on the number of persons in your home. We follow the 2018 Federal Register Guidelines. For example your annual income must be under:
- Mother + 3 Children = $50,200 ($25,100 x 2)
- Mother + 2 Children = $41,560 ($20,780 x 2)
- Mother + 1 Child = $32,920 ($16,460 x 2)
- You are employed, going to school, or attending a training during hours of approximately 3:00pm to 7:00am the following day on Monday-Friday and 24 hour services on Saturdays & Sundays.
- You must live in the Souderton, Pennridge, Quakertown, or North Penn school district.
HOW DO I APPLY?
We have a three-step process:
1. Preliminary Application: Fill out our preliminary application form. Once received, we will review your application and respond within 10 days.
2. Home Visit: If you qualify for services, we will schedule a home visit.
3. Final Application: If you are accepted into the program you will fill out the final application.
HOW MUCH WILL I PAY FOR SERVICES?
We are in the process of revising our payment for services. Stay tuned for more details.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT OF YOUR CHILDCARE SERVICES?
1. Your caregiver will be trained in Pediatric CPR & first aid, and with experience in childcare.
2. Your caregiver will arrive on time, keep a record of your child and your child's activities while you are away, and provide age appropriate assistance with needs, such as homework, feeding, bathing, bedtime routine, etc.