Along the Way determined, through relationships within the community, that an area of unmet need for single mothers is childcare during nights and weekends. Those service hours are on Monday - Friday from approximately 3:00pm to 7:00am the following day and 24 hour services on Saturdays & Sundays.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
You must meet the following requirements to qualify for our program:
- You must be a single mother (no other adult in the home)
- You may have up to three children under the age of 13 at home
- Your annual income must be less then 2x the poverty level based on the number of persons in your home. We follow the 2017 Federal Register Guidelines. For example your annual income must be under:
- Mother + 3 Children = $49,200 ($24,600 x 2)
- Mother + 2 Children = $40,840 ($20,420 x 2)
- Mother + 1 Child = $32,480 ($16,240 x 2)
- You are employed, going to school, or attending a training during hours of approximately 3:00pm to 7:00am the following day on Monday-Friday and 24 hour services on Saturdays & Sundays.
HOW DO I APPLY?
We have a three-step process:
1. Preliminary Application: Fill out our preliminary application form. Once received, we will review your application and respond within 10 days.
2. Home Visit: If you qualify for services, we will schedule a home visit.
3. Final Application: If you are accepted into the program you will fill out the final application.
HOW MUCH WILL I PAY FOR SERVICES?
The cost of our services to you will depend on your income along with the number of children being cared for in your home. We will charge a fee of 4-8% of your monthly income such as:
- 4% for one child
- 6% for two children
- 8% for three children
For example... if you have 3 children in your home, you make $300 a week (including wages and any other income such as alimony, child support, cash assistants etc.) then you will pay $4.80 a day for childcare.
Formula... ($300 x .08% = $24 a week / 5 days = $4.80 a day).
WHAT CAN I EXPECT OF YOUR CHILDCARE SERVICES?
1. Your caregiver will be trained in Pediatric CPR & first aid, and with experience in childcare.
2. Your caregiver will arrive on time, keep a record of your child and your child's activities while you are away, and provide age appropriate assistance with needs, such as homework, feeding, bathing, bedtime routine, etc.